Wednesday 25 May 2016

Incorrect and correct sentences ( Part-6 )




Incorrect: The Dhaka stands on the Buriganga.
Correct: Dhaka stands on the Buriganga.
Incorrect: He is a best writer.
Correct: He is the best writer.
Incorrect: Each of us were present in the class.
Correct: Each of us was present in the class.
Incorrect: Sheuli as well as her brother were invited to the wedding party.
Correct: Sheuli as well as her brother was invited to the wedding party.
Incorrect: He is here for three days.
Correct: He has been here for three days.
Incorrect:  I cannot but to praise him too highly.
Correct: I cannot but praise him very highly.
Incorrect: I have come last night.
Correct: I came last night.
Incorrect: Let us aim to do it.
Correct: Let us aim at doing it.
Incorrect:  The man is mortal.
Correct: Man is mortal.
Incorrect: Ten years passed since you joined the post.
Correct: Ten years have passed since you joined the post.
Incorrect: Open page 89.
Correct: Open at page 89.
Incorrect: The earth has been moving round the sun.
Correct: The earth moves round the sun.
Incorrect: He does not listen me.
Correct: He does not listen to me.
Incorrect:  Salim comes from high family.
Correct: Salim comes of a high family.
Incorrect: I have read a nice poetry.
Correct: I have read a nice poem.
Incorrect: The boy availed the morning train.
Correct: The boy availed himself of the morning train.
Incorrect: I am living here for seven years.
Correct: I have been living here for seven years.
Incorrect: Each of the boys have done well in the examination.
Correct: Each of the boys has done well in the examination.
Incorrect: This road is more shorter than that.
Correct: This road is shorter than that.
Incorrect: I went outside after he came here.
Correct: I went outside after he had come here.

No comments:

Post a Comment