Friday 5 August 2016

Present Perfect Tense



Present Perfect Tense

Present Perfect Tense: Present Perfect Tense is used to express an action which has just finished but the result of which exists still now.

Example: I have finished my duty.
He has come back.
His mother has cooked this food.


***Structure-1: Sub+have/has+vpp+ob+extension.

She has passed the exam.
He has learnt the lesson.
I have helped you.
You have done this work.

***have is used with 1st person2nd person and all types of plural numbers and has is used with 3rd person singular number.

I have heard the news.
He has finished his homework.
He has gone to school.

Interrogative Sentence:
*** Structure-2: Have/has+sub+vpp+ob+extension?

Have you got my letter?
Has she come back?
What have you done?
Who has helped you?
How have you got it?

Negative Sentence:

*** Structure-3: Sub+have/has+not+v pp+ob+extension.

I have not done this nasty work.
He has come to meet with you.
We have got our money receipt.
 

See Some present to past participle forms of verbs which are given here

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment