Friday 22 April 2016

A Road Accident



It was about 3 p.m. on November 18 last.  I was walking along Nawabpur road, Dhaka, towards  Bangabandhu  Avenue. A boy was going the same way. He was a few steps ahead of me. Suddenly he turned and started to cross the road. He had just moved to the middle of the road when all of a sudden a motor car came on and knocked him down. The car stopped with a sound. I ran to the boy in the twinkling an eye. I thought he was dead. Thanks, Allah! He was alive. He lay senseless with the shock and wounds he received. Meanwhile, a crowd had gathered there. They began to hurl angry words, sharp comments, and even abuse at the driver. However, I took little notice of their agitated mood. I took the wounded boy to the medical college hospital. There the doctors and nurses took care of him and at about 6 p.m. he opened his eyes and looked at us. I then got the address of the boy from him and informed his parents of the sad accident.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment